Tuesday, August 21

Beauty Must Haves


There are just some things every diva must have! Here are a few of our beauty editor Judy's picks to help you stay beautiful.


Powder Sunscreens:


Last month I watched a report on the benefit of powder sunscreens on a Korean News network (I did not understand much. Thank God for subtitles). It was the first time I heard of sunscreens in powder form and I was really curious to find out if it was better than the common sunscreen lotion as the reporter suggested.

Two weeks later I’m at my favorite place, Sephora, and picked up Peter Thomas Roth’s Instant Mineral SPF 30. And after a month of using it, I find it to be a sort of blessing for those times of reapplication when under sun. It gives the much needed sun protection sans the greasy, sticky, annoying feeling that even the “oil-free” or “greaseless” sunscreen lotions create. With the built-in brush applicator, reapplication wherever you may be is a cinch. Major bonus: you don’t have to fret about messing up you makeup when reapplying on your face.

Editor's Pick:

Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 30, $30


Primer:

I never realized the benefit of using a primer before applying my makeup until I actually started using a primer. Now it’s a staple in my huge train case.

Benefits:

  • Creates a smooth, flawless canvas allowing foundation to glide on smoothly and evenly.
  • Skin looks perfect. It shrinks large pores and creates a satin-like look and feel. You’ll find that you won’t have to bother with foundation.
  • Oil-absorbing. Great for those with oily skin and will not over-dry those with dry skin such as myself. Not only will your makeup look fresh, but your skin will feel fresh throughout the day and/or night. You can literally say good bye to the icky, sticky, oily feel of makeup after a few hours.

    Note: So you don’t have to worry about getting the necessary UVA and UVB protection use Peter Thomas Roth’s Instant Mineral SPF 30 or any other powder sunscreen before or after applying your makeup.

Editor's Pick:


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, $30

No comments: