Thursday, October 2

Interview With The New Sensation Kimberly Cole

We sat down with singer and former MTV VJ Kimberly Cole. She's gorgeous, fun and fabulous, just what we love here at Haute Mimi. Kimberly sat down with us and gave us the inside dish on what's haute and what's not.

HM: Describe your style in one word.
KC: Colorful!

HM: What is your best-kept fashion secret?
KC: I work out my outfits ahead of time when I have events back to back throughout the week. That way, I have well accessorized and put together looks to choose from without the stress of trying a million things on! Plus, it gives me more time to focus on hair and make-up!
HM: Where is your favorite place to shop?
KC: Fashion Island in the OC!

HM: Who is your style icon?
KC: I've always admired how Madonna continues to re-invent her look and sets trends that inspire many.
HM: What is the biggest fashion mistake a woman can make when getting dressed?
KC: Spending too much time in the mirror focusing on her flaws instead of trying on clothes that celebrate her best attributes.

HM: What is one lesson you are grateful for learning throughout your career in entertainment?
KC: I've learned to wear what makes me feel sexy as opposed to what makes me look sexy, because my greatest fashion accessory to compliment a great look is my attitude.

HM: What advice would you give to young fashion and entertainment industry professionals trying to make their fame?
KC: Do your research. Watch what people are wearing now, know your fashion history and decide where you want to take it next.

HM: If you could give women a fashion tip to be fabulous what would it be?
KC: Stay true to who you are. Wear what makes you shine and what you can afford. If you have to shop name brand, there are always sample sales…

No comments: