Monday, July 13

Beauty Buzz | Lush Cosmetics

I passed by the Lush Cosmetics boutique on 34th street a few weeks ago, was lured in by the scent and hype inside and I have been a Lush convert ever since. The store is filled with delicious and natural and handmade soaps, bath bombs and facial masks galore. Coming from an Indian background I've always embraced natural cosmetics and their benefits. Lush is definitely taking the beauty world by storm by offering environmentally friendly products that are simply, lush, decadent and most importantly, fun. Here are some of my favorite products.


I am a huge fan of scrubs. I think it's important to exfoliate your skin a few times a week to revive and refresh your complexion. I especially love this particular scrub, Ocean Salt, because it has a little vodka mixed in with sea salt. It smells delicious and it buffs off dead skin and gives me a great glow. It's also great for the face, I even got one of my guy friends to become a religious user of this scrub. He was so impressed how great his skin looked after one good buff.

I use these two LUSH cleansers at night. They are far from the ordinary and they take a little time to get used to. Coalface comes in a conventional bar soap form and has licorice and coal essences. It's a great cleanser that leaves your skin feeling squeaky clean. Herbalism comes in a solid form, it has a play-doh consistency. You simply take a pea sized amount and mix it with a little water to form a paste and simply rub it all over your face and rise. My skin looks much more balanced and brighter.
Bath time is one of my favorite times and the Lush soaps and bath bombs really make it special. My favorite is the Bohemian Soap. It smells like delicious lemons and the scent lingers all day long and blends great with my Miss Dior Cherie fragrance. It also has a luxe lather and makes my skin super clean.

No comments: