Monday, November 23

HM STYLE | 5 Must Have Wardrobe Staples

I received an email from a reader asking me about what my five must-haves are. I really have to be honest and say that it is incredibly hard for me to pick just five but I have managed to do so. I believe these five pieces are the perfect bones to any wardrobe, well a glamorous one. Enjoy.

The Little Black Dress

I suggest this Hervé Léger Scoop back bandage dress. It is definitely an investment as you can wear it to work, a party, or even a funeral. Dress it up with heels dress it down with ballet flats. I personally wear all of my little black dresses with big bold statement making jewelry and shoes. Like Coco Chanel said, once you find the perfect little black dress, there is nothing you will want to wear in it's place.


White Jeans


Forget that dated rule of no white after Labor day. White is in fact a great alternative to black and looks fabulous when paired with any color. White jeans look crisp and sharp no matter what time of year. as far as shoes go pair them with either a natural color pump or if you're going for a more dressy look, gold heels are in call. Jeans featured are J Brand.

Gold Heels
Gold heels go with everything. From your party dresses, to jeans to lingerie. I personally like a very high heel but gold kitten heels also look very chic. Jimmy Choo Flynn sandals are just fantastically sexy.


Chain Link Bag
Chainlink is lady like and classy. Two things that describe us. I would go with either a camel or black for starters then buy some fun styles like the Miu Miu stage bag and the bright pink Marc Jacobs style we have featured in the past. The featured bag is by Lanvin and it is in fact, golden.

Classic Coat
If there is one thing you should spend on, it should be your coat. Stick to sophisticated black or camel and even charcoal is great. Coats that hit right under the knee are the most versatile and make sure it's warm and cozy. I stay away from shearling, I think it looks horrid. The coat featured is by Stella McCartney.

Copyright ©2009 Haute Mimi International LLC. All rights reserved.

No comments: