"Losing Weight" -it's the most popular New Year's resolution, but it's also the hardest one to keep. Once the holiday celebrations are over, the biggest challenge for most of us is to not only get back onto our beauty and fitness routines, but to achieve our New Year's resolutions at the same time.Here are 5 simple tips from WeightView.com (the free visual weight loss tool) to help get you started on your visual "New You" Resolution…
1. Be graphic: Imagine a line graph documenting every pound you've lost -it's only a matter of time until you see the downward trend your weight loss has made on the graph. If you can imagine that downward trend you've made, it can be really motivating! Each pound takes you one step closer towards your goal. Remember that taking one small step is better than taking nothing at all. Track your progress as well as recognize your small achievements too… and keep going!
2. There's strength in numbers: If your friends share the same goals as you, why not get together to help each other? The more buddies you team up with, the easier it will be for you to stay on track. For instance, instead of ordering that bowl of pasta, make a pact with your friend to both order the salad together… or at least share that bowl of pasta! Staying connected to like-minded friends could be the key to your success.
3. Knowledge is power: Do Your Research! Not only will reading up about weight loss educate you on what you're doing right and what you're doing wrong, it will help keep your resolution top of mind. Surround yourself with information to help you achieve your goals. You may even discover that nugget of information that really resonates with you so you don't jump off the bandwagon!
4. Fake it till you make it! Changing your diet and fitness habits is only one part of how to achieve your goal. The other part is to visualize yourself actually achieving your goal. Once you can see yourself as the person you want to be, it will keep you in the mindset of where you are going to be.
5. If at first you don't succeed, then try again! Don't give up just because you ate that slice of pecan pie! Understand that there will be setbacks and many temptations but anytime you lose focus or will-power, take a good hard look at your WeightView results photo and remind yourself of your underlying motivation.Losing weight involves an overall lifestyle change that won't happen overnight. It's a process that takes time to accomplish: not to mention commitment and patience too. The most important thing is to keep track of your progress and to build a support network of buddies –it can make all the difference!
To help stay motivated, WeightView.com provides free, realistic and motivating photos for those with a weight loss goal. Just upload a full body image of yourself, let WeightView know how much weight you'd like to lose, and they will send you back a version of the new, slimmer, healthier you.