Wednesday, March 17

First Lady Style | How To Dress Ladylike

I am always impressed whenever I see a photo of Jackie O. She looks so effortlessly chic and ladylike. I guess immaculate hair, natural makeup and classic pieces stretch far and wide when it comes to style. I also believe that you too can achieve this look by stocking up on classic must-haves to achieve a fabulous pulled together look in a flash.

It's Time To Get A Watch I grew up in an era of cell-phones as most of you have, hence I never really cared for watches since I could simply look at my phone. But there is something very chic about a classic gold or silver men's style watch. Match your watch to your jewelry, if you wear mostly platinum or silver stick to those tones and the same goes for gold jewelry fanatics like myself. I adore Marc Jacob's line of watches. They are very sleek and simple. MARC JACOBS 'Small Suki' Watch

A Shaded View Sunglasses come in very handy on those days when you cannot be bothered to put on makeup but still want to look polished. I prefer large, black plastic sunglasses as they offer more mystery and are very Jackie O-esque. On a quick stop to the Chanel boutique last week I found these gorgeous new shades with little pearls on either sides, they are a must have and will become a seasonless classic. Sunglasses, Chanel.
Dress It Up Sheath dresses are definitely in call for ladylike dressing. I often opt for dresses as they are just very easy to throw on and with great heels and accessories you are good to go. I was very surprised by how modern and youthful Ann Taylor has become. I recently passed by the boutique and was seriously enticed by their new Spring display and picked up a few merino cardigans and sheaths for a steal. Dress, Ann Taylor. -HM


Copyright ©2009 Haute Mimi International LLC. All rights reserved.

No comments: