Sunday, March 14

Lanvin Paris Autumn Winter 2010

Having seen these I think I will defect from Givenchy to Lanvin as my most favourite designer. I love these clothes!

Alber Elbaz has stuck to his formula of cut and shape. I would add one more word flow. Fabulous, sinous dresses. Million Dollar dresses.

There are some seriously ugly huge long jackets, cut to just above the knee and huge padded shoulders like the Michelin man in some of the AW 2010 collections. Here the padding is elegant and wearable.

This is a stupendous gorgeous coat, clings to the shape and adds more curves lovely....

The bat dress returns- all black leather gloves and boots, short, but not overly so, with padded shoulders.

Even at Lanvin there was the bad and the ugly. This is just plain unwearable on small people like me! On a 6` model it is not great. Ask yourself is she wearing the coat or is the coat wearing her?? Gabrielle Teare is the Leading London Personal Stylist

Copyright ©2009 Haute Mimi International LLC. All rights reserved.

No comments: